RETURNING PLAYERS are eligible to register online.
If you are a returning player, you MUST register online.
NEW PLAYERS: We have LIMITED spots available for players new to McAllister Park Little League, but you MUST register in-person at one of the following times.
Sat Jan 13th from 9am-Noon at the Northwoods Academy
Sat Jan 20th from 9am – Noon at the Northwoods Academy
Tues Jan 23rd from 6pm-8pm at D-Bat San Antonio North
Thurs Jan 25th from 6pm-8pm at D-Bat San Antonio North
Sat Feb 3rd from Noon – 2pm at MPLL Main complex
All new players will need to provide at registration:
- A completed registration form (CLICK HERE)
- copy of child’s birth certificate
- proof of residency documents (see below – you WILL NOT be permitted to register unless you bring all 3 required documents to one of the in-person registrations below)
A player can only play at MPLL if they qualify for eligibility through one of the following (see immediately below for how Little League establishes residency or school enrollment):
- Residency – players must live within league boundaries (check here to see if you qualify)
- School Enrollment – must attend a school within league boundaries (check here to see if you qualify – school enrollment should be used ONLY if you live outside of the residency boundary but go to school within the same boundary)
- IID form – players that previously lived in MPLL boundaries and have since moved out of the boundaries
Our spring baseball divisions are as follows:
League age 4-6: T-ball/Coach’s pitch (player must turn age 4 before September 1, 2017 to be eligible for the spring season)
League age 7-8: Machine pitch
League age 9-11: Minors baseball
League age 10-12: Majors baseball
League age 13-14: Juniors baseball
League age 15-16: Seniors baseball
Our softball divisions are as follows:
League age 6-8: Machine pitch softball
League age 9-11: Minors softball
League age 10-12: Majors softball
League age 13-14: Juniors softball
If your child is a returning player, click here to register online!
AGAIN, IF YOUR CHILD IS NOT A RETURNING PLAYER AT MCALLISTER PARK LITTLE LEAGUE, YOU MAY NOT REGISTER ONLINE! If you are found to register illegally, you will be subject to removal from the league and your registration fee will not be refunded.
Tryouts for majors division baseball will be:
Thurs Feb 8th at 6pm at MPLL Upper Complex
Sat Feb 10th at 10am at MPLL Upper Complex
All players are required to attend one of the tryouts.
Not all players will make Majors division. All players who don’t get drafted into majors will be required to attend a minors tryout listed below.
Tryouts for machine pitch baseball, minors baseball and softball divisions will be:
Sat Feb 17th at 10am at MPLL Upper Complex
Tues Feb 20 6pm at MPLL Upper Complex
Thurs Feb 22nd at 6pm at MPLL Upper Complex.
There are no tryouts for t-ball. All players will be selected to a team.
IMPORTANT – SEE BELOW FOR REQUIRED PROOF OF RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL NEW REGISTRANTS! YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO REGISTER UNLESS YOU PROVIDE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS!
NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR LITTLE LEAGUE REGISTRATION (REQUIRED BY LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL)
If you are establishing residency within MPLL boundaries using school enrollment: A school issued report card or performance record WILL NO LONGER be accepted to establish school attendance. The school enrollment form available by clicking the link or at in-person registration MUST be completed and returned before your child is eligible to play in the 2017 season. Download, the form, complete your portion, have it validated by your child’s school, and return the ORIGINAL copy to us ASAP.
If you are establishing residency within MPLL boundaries using your residence: Residence shall be established and supported by documents containing the full residence which includes parent(s) or guardian(s) name, street address, city, state, and zip code information, dated or in force between February 1, 2016 (previous year) and February 1, 2017 (current year), from one or more documents from EACH of the three individual Groups outlined below, each containing the address information above:
- Driver’s license (photo ID of parent(s) or guardian(s) with qualifying residence address
- School records (home address of player’s parent(s) or guardian(s)
- Vehicle records (registration, lease contract, etc.)
- Employment records
- Insurance documents (with residence address)
- Welfare/child care records
- Federal records (Federal Tax return, Social Security documents, etc.)
- State records
- Local (municipal) records
- Support payment records
- Homeowner or tenant records
- Military records
- Voter’s registration
- Utility bills (gas, electric, water/sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste/disposal, etc.)
- Financial records (loan, credit, investments, etc.)
- Medical records
- Internet, cable, or satellite television records
REMEMBER – we can only accept ONE DOCUMENT FROM EACH GROUP, and you need to provide THREE DOCUMENTS, ONE FROM EACH GROUP, to successfully register your child for Little League.
RECOMMENDATION – The easiest documents to provide are a copy of a parent’s driver’s license with your current address (group 1), a copy of your homeowner’s document or your current tenant or lease paperwork (group 2), and a copy of current utility bill (group 3).
Players who established one of the following are grandfathered in to MPLL and do not need to submit the documents above. If your player established…
- “residence” in the 2017 season, they will be grandfathered in and will NOT need to submit new documents, or
- “school attendance” for regular season and/or tournament play prior to the 2018 season using the Player Verification Form [and can produce the Player Verification Form with proper proofs and signatures], they will be grandfathered in and will NOT need to submit new documents.
GENERAL MPLL LEAGUE-WIDE FAQs
Why McAllister Park Little League?
- We are the premier Little League in San Antonio, with a rich history of tournament-play success
- MPLL volunteers focus on building character as well as skill on the field of play
- We have 16 baseball and softball fields at our complex for use during practices and games
How can we be eligible to play at McAllister Park Little League?
- Residency – Players must live within league boundaries, or…
- School Enrollment – Players must go to school within league boundaries, or…
- IID form – Players must have previously played (& been eligible to play) at MPLL, & have since moved out of boundary.
- Visit MPLL.org for our league boundary map
What do we need to bring to register after we’ve verified eligibility?
- New players are required to register in person! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Bring a completed registration form (available at in-person registrations or on the home page at MPLL.org), a copy of your child’s birth certificate, and proof of residency documents (see above for required documentation)
- School enrollment/IID forms are provided at registration and required back prior to game play (if applicable)
When does the season start?
- Majors baseball division games start the week of March 5th with all other divisions beginning on March 19th. The season will conclude by the end of May.
- Practices will start immediately after tryouts and the drafts.
How are teams established?
- Tryouts for baseball is MANDATORY for all players league age 7-12. See MPLL.org for dates & times for tryouts.
- All softball divisions do not draft in the fall season.
- There are no tryouts for t-ball.
- Coaches draft based on tryouts. ALL KIDS MAKE A TEAM REGARDLESS OF SKILL LEVEL OR EXPERIENCE.
How many games will we play? Practices?
- Each division typically plays 2 games per week.
- Practices will depend on coaches and number of teams per division, though one practice per week is typical.
How can I become a coach or help out?
- MPLL is a volunteer-run league. We can never have enough helpers!
- Reach out to your child’s respective VP to discuss available options to help coach/volunteer. See mpll.org for information on how to contact your child’s division VP!