RETURNING PLAYERS are eligible to register online.
If you are a returning player, you MUST register online.
NEW PLAYERS: We have LIMITED spots available for players new to McAllister Park Little League,
but you MUST register in-person at one of the following times.
All new players will need to provide at registration:
- A completed registration form (click here)
- copy of child’s birth certificate
- proof of residency documents (see below – you WILL NOT be permitted to register unless you bring all 3 required documents to one of the in-person registrations below)
A player can only play at MPLL if they qualify for eligibility through one of the following (see immediately below for how Little League establishes residency or school enrollment):
- Residency – players must live within league boundaries (check here to see if you qualify)
- School Enrollment – must attend a school within league boundaries (check here to see if you qualify – school enrollment should be used ONLY if you live outside of the residency boundary but go to school within the same boundary)
- IID form – players that previously lived in MPLL boundaries and have since moved out of the boundaries
Final remaining in-person registration dates/times are as follows. All of these will be held at the upper complex concession stand.
Thursday, February 9th from 5:30-6:30 pm (prior to Majors baseball kid pitch tryouts – all divisions may register during this time)
Saturday, February 11th from 9:30-10:30 am (prior to Majors baseball kid pitch tryouts – all divisions may register during this time but this is absolutely THE LAST OPPORTUNITY for baseball players league ages 10-14 to register for the spring season; Seniors baseball players can still register – click here to contact JP Guerra for more information)
Tuesday, February 21st from 5:30-6:30 pm
Thursday, February 23rd from 5:30-6:30 pm
IMPORTANT – SEE BELOW FOR REQUIRED PROOF OF RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL NEW REGISTRANTS! YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO REGISTER UNLESS YOU PROVIDE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS!
NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR LITTLE LEAGUE REGISTRATION (REQUIRED BY LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL)
If you are establishing residency within MPLL boundaries using school enrollment: A school issued report card or performance record WILL NO LONGER be accepted to establish school attendance. The school enrollment form available by clicking the link or at in-person registration MUST be completed and returned before your child is eligible to play in the 2017 season. Download, the form, complete your portion, have it validated by your child’s school, and return the ORIGINAL copy to us ASAP.
If you are establishing residency within MPLL boundaries using your residence: Residence shall be established and supported by documents containing the full residence which includes parent(s) or guardian(s) name, street address, city, state, and zip code information, dated or in force between February 1, 2016 (previous year) and February 1, 2017 (current year), from one or more documents from EACH of the three individual Groups outlined below, each containing the address information above:
- Driver’s license (photo ID of parent(s) or guardian(s) with qualifying residence address
- School records (home address of player’s parent(s) or guardian(s)
- Vehicle records (registration, lease contract, etc.)
- Employment records
- Insurance documents (with residence address)
- Welfare/child care records
- Federal records (Federal Tax return, Social Security documents, etc.)
- State records
- Local (municipal) records
- Support payment records
- Homeowner or tenant records
- Military records
- Voter’s registration
- Utility bills (gas, electric, water/sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste/disposal, etc.)
- Financial records (loan, credit, investments, etc.)
- Medical records
- Internet, cable, or satellite television records
REMEMBER – we can only accept ONE DOCUMENT FROM EACH GROUP, and you need to provide THREE DOCUMENTS, ONE FROM EACH GROUP, to successfully register your child for Little League.
RECOMMENDATION – The easiest documents to provide are a copy of a parent’s driver’s license with your current address (group 1), a copy of your homeowner’s document or your current tenant or lease paperwork (group 2), and a copy of current utility bill (group 3).
Players who established one of the following are grandfathered in to MPLL and do not need to submit the documents above. If your player established…
- “residence” in the 2016 season, they will be grandfathered in and will NOT need to submit new documents, or
- “school attendance” for regular season and/or tournament play prior to the 2017 season using the Player Verification Form [and can produce the Player Verification Form with proper proofs and signatures], they will be grandfathered in and will NOT need to submit new documents.
GENERAL MPLL LEAGUE-WIDE FAQs
Why McAllister Park Little League?
- We are the premier Little League in San Antonio, with a rich history of tournament-play success
- MPLL volunteers focus on building character as well as skill on the field of play
- We have 16 baseball and softball fields at our complex for use during practices and games
How can we be eligible to play at McAllister Park Little League?
- Residency – Players must live within league boundaries, or…
- School Enrollment – Players must go to school within league boundaries, or…
- IID form – Players must have previously played (& been eligible to play) at MPLL, & have since moved out of boundary.
- Visit MPLL.org for our league boundary map
What do we need to bring to register after we’ve verified eligibility?
- New players are required to register in person! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Bring a completed registration form (available at in-person registrations or on the home page at MPLL.org), a copy of your child’s birth certificate, and proof of residency documents (see above for required documentation)
- School enrollment/IID forms are provided at registration and required back prior to game play (if applicable)
When does the season start?
- Majors games start the week of 2/20, all other division games start the week of 3/20
- Practices will start immediately after tryouts and the drafts
How are teams established?
- Tryouts for Majors baseball is MANDATORY for all players league age 10-12. Those players not drafted to a Majors baseball team (and all players league age 9) will try out a second time for a Minors baseball team. All baseball players league age 7-8 will try out separately for machine pitch. See MPLL.org for dates & times for tryouts.
- All softball divisions also draft players based on tryouts. See MPLL.org for dates & times for tryouts.
- There are no tryouts for t-ball.
- Coaches draft based on tryouts. ALL KIDS MAKE A TEAM REGARDLESS OF SKILL LEVEL OR EXPERIENCE.
How many games will we play? Practices?
- Each division will play 12 or more games (varies by division). T-ball will play 10 or more games.
- Practices will depend on coaches and number of teams per division
How can I become a coach or help out?
- MPLL is a volunteer-run league. We can never have enough helpers!
- Reach out to your child’s respective VP to discuss available options to help coach/volunteer. See mpll.org for information on how to contact your child’s division VP!